Recipe by Elisebeth
This pie crust is delicious for all pies. with all the butter in it, this crust always bakes perfectly, and is never tough. i got this from my Grandmother. The secret to this flaky, buttery soft pie crust is all in the margarine.
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 F degrees (Fahreinheit).
- pour flour into medium bowl, add margarine using pastry blender (or crisscrossing with knives) until lumps are slightly smaller than pea-size.
- Add water. mix gently with fork until dough comes away from the sides of bowl. (you may need more water) be very gentle, and try not to mix too much.
- transfer half of dough to a sheet of wax paper lightly sprinkled with flour. sprinkle a little flour onto top of pie dough.
- cover pie dough with another sheet of wax paper.
- roll out so the pie crust is level, and not too thick in one place, or too thin in another. (about 11 or 12 inches in diameter).
- peel off top layer of wax paper from dough, and place pie pan on top of dough. carefully slide your hand underneath bottom layer of wax paper, and flip.
- Then,carefully peel the wax paper from pie dough, and ease into pan.
- repeat steps 4-8 with other half of dough.
- Bake for 15 min, or so or until golden brown in color.
- Fill with any pie filling!