Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon rind, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup oleo
- Grease 6 cup Fluted Tube pan.
- Sprinkle entire surface with bread crumbs, shake off excess.
- Melt oleo over low heat set aside, cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved, batter is light and fluffy.
- Add Lemon rind, lemon juice, water and oleo.
- Blend well.
- Fold in sifted ingredients in four parts, mixing carefully.
- Blend for short time only.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 40 minutes or until cake pulls from sides of pan.
- Let cool some before removing from pan.
I have to admit - I was skeptical about this recipe...breadcrumbs with cake? No need to fear this recipe again. This was a very nice cake that was quickly consumed. Thanks for sharing!