Recipe by Kimke
This is an old family favorite. It is perfect when you have leftover rice from a stirfry or another recipe. I have made it often lately for dinner guests with rave reviews. Such a comfort food. Wonderful warm from the oven and delightful cold as well!
Top Review by Southern Bell
Hi, The receipe was very good it was not overly sweet. I substituted Vitamite for the milk and Splendra for the sugar as we are diabetic's and lactose intollerance. I also used crushed pineapple instead of raisens. I had to cook it twice as long to get it to set as I used the Vitamite. I also used 2 teaspoons of vanilla. The receipe turned out very good and I hope the substitutions will help other diabetic's and lactose intollerance people. My husband love rice pudding and this receipe was just right to use the substitutions in. Thanks, Lady Bug & Jeff Boy
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange rice in 9x9 cake pan.
- Mix together eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour over rice.
- Sprinkle raisins in if desired (i love it with raisins!!).
- Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Place on cookie sheet in oven, pour water on cookie sheet to prevent scorching.
- Bake 425 for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with knife, done when it comes out clean.