Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My Grandmother use to make this pie every Thanksgiving and Christmas. She would shell her own pecans, and later in her life she wouldn't get all the shells out sooo....when eating you chewed carefully because you didn't want to break a tooth. Bless her heart; she loved to make them for us.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 16 inches unbaked pie shells (two 8 inch shells)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter.
- Mix eggs with corn syrup, vanilla, sugar, and melted butter.
- Add pecans to mixture.
- Pour into two 8 inch pie shells.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.