Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a meat loaf made with ham that features a mustard glaze instead of the usual ketchup type on beef meat loaves. It makes a lot and leftovers make great sandwiches. If you want a ham loaf that really goes bang, substitute the recipe for Pirate's Pantry Hot Mustard Sauce (posted separately) for the glaze in this recipe.
- 2 lbs ground ham
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (not powder)
- Combine all ingredients except glaze. I use a stand mixer.
- Make a loaf and place in a glass 9"x13" baking dish.
- Add 2 TBSP water to bottom of baking dish.
- Cover loaf with glaze.
- Bake at 325 for 11/2 hours or until 165 degrees.
- Allow to sit 15 minute before slicing.
- Au Gratin potatoes are an excellent accompaniment.