Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another of my grandma's recipes adapted from a 1956 NC How to Cook Crab recipe book. Another reason I rarely order crab off of any menu - these can't be beat. Sadly - these don't freeze well. These were stuffed into glass crabshells or cleaned crabshells.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons wet mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, rolled to crush slightly
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Combine butter and 3/4 cup cracker crumbs over low heat, melting butter and coating crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Put in cleaned crab shells or individual dishes.
- Top with butter/cracker crumbs.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 350 until browned. About 15 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness.
Great recipe. Used pasteurized crabmeat. Made for Bargain Basement.