Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was passed down to me... I hope you like it as much as my family does! Be fair warned, it makes a lot!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup paraffin wax
- Place butter and milk in a sauce pan on low until it melts and mix well together. Add in the powdered sugar, walnuts and coconut. Roll into teaspoon or tablespoon sized balls and cool for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and parafin wax in a double broiler. Then, use a two pronged dipping fork and dip the cooled coconut balls in the melted milk chocolate mixture. Place finished bon bons on waxed paper and cool in the fridge.