Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
My mom has worked in the church kitchen during VBS for many years and is the official "cookie baker". These cookies are everyone's favorite! Even my daughters who are in their 20's hope that their grandmother brings them these cookies when she comes to see them!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.