This is a salad that my Grandmother made often, and ALWAYS for holiday dinners. I have never seen it in any cookbook or on any recipe website. It has an excellent sweet and tangy flavor which gets better with time in the fridge. Prepare this salad a MINIMUM of 24 hrs before you plan to serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel carrots and cut into rounds. Cook until just tender and drain.
- 2Combine all ingredients except the first three to make the marinade/dressing.
- 3Add carrots to the marinade while still hot.
- 4Add peppers and onions and mix well.
- 5Place in airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- 6Stir occasionally (2 or 3 times a day) for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandmother's Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 387.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g