Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe that she used to prepare for holidays. I took over preparing it a few years ago. Everyone just loves it! It only has 5 ingredients and is so easy to make! My grandmother passed away just before thanksgiving this year, so I am posting her recipe as a tribute to her.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Chop cabbage into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook cabbage in oil until it reaches desired doneness. (I like mine really tender, but some may like more crunch).
- Mix together cooked cabbage, soup, and mayo.
- Pour in a greased casserole dish and top with crushed corn flakes.
- Drizzle the melted margarine over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Excellent veggie dish, easy to prepare and we both loved it.A must keep for me, and I've shared your recipe with co-workers. Thanks for sharing!
Very good. I didn't have corn flakes so I used 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers. Will make again. Quick and easy.