Recipe by rpsj2
from the book "Cranberry Birthday", by Wende & Harry Devlin, published in 1988. The foreword in the book says that "cranberries were out of season at the time of Grandmother's birthday, so they used strawberries instead".
- 1 (18 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE :.
- Make angel food cake according to package directions. When cool, slice into 2 layers.
- Combine strawberries & sugar, then spread over bottom cake layer.
- Place top layer over filling, then cover with frosting.
- FROSTING :.
- Put ingredients in bowl & beat with a mixer until VERY stiff & sugar is completely dissolved. It will take 10 minutes or more.
- Spread frosting over top & sides of cake until completely covered.