1/1 Photo of Grandmother Thornton's Pecan Pie
1 hr 5 mins
My husband's grandmother had a pecan tree in her yard. She was famous for her pecan pie. Soon after we married, we went to visit and she presented me with her much guarded recipe. It was a beautiful gesture of inclusion which I cherish to this day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine eggs and corn syrup, mix well.
- 2Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- 3Stir in salt and vanilla. Let stand about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile spread pecans evenly on bottom of pie shell.
- 5Stir melted butter into syrup. Pour over pecans. Be sure all the pecans rise to the top.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is firm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandmother Thornton's Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 200.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g