Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This if from Paula Deen, who got it from her Grandmother Paul.
Make and share this Grandmother Paul's Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Heat shortening in a cast iron skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with water in a small bowl.
- In a shallow bowl, season flour with pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and then coat well in flour mixture.
- Carefully add to hot shortening, in batches if necessary
- Place lid on top of skillet, and fry until brown and crisp.
- Remember that dark meat requires a longer cooking time (about 13 to 14 minutes, compared to 8 to 10 minutes for white meat.).