Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
When my husband and I started dating years ago, his grandmother would send down quarts of her Chow-Chow when she found out how much I loved it. Sadly, we lost her sometime after that and the recipe was lost too....or so I thought. My DH's aunt had it! This will scorch very easy. Don't try to rush it.
- Chop tomatoes peppers and onions bite-size or smaller.
- Put all ingredients in a large pot and cook on low simmer for 3-4 hours. (Recipe says to cook it "slow and cook down low").
- Sterilize your canning jars & lids in boiling water.
- Fill the jars and place tops on tight.
- After filling jars, give them a 45-minute bath in boiling water.