Recipe by Jamie Lynne
My grandmother has made these cookies for every single holiday! And every single holiday...I end up eating all of them! haha They truly are delicious! She usually doubles the recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening (part butter or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix shortening, sugar, eggs, and flavoring thoroughly.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Blend flour mixture with the shortening mixture.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll dough 1/8-inch thick on lightly floured board.
- Cut with 3 inch cookie cutter (or whichever size you'd like, just adjust the baking time accordingly).
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until cookies are a delicate golden brown.