Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother has made these cookies for every single holiday! And every single holiday...I end up eating all of them! haha They truly are delicious! She usually doubles the recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening (part butter or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix shortening, sugar, eggs, and flavoring thoroughly.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Blend flour mixture with the shortening mixture.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll dough 1/8-inch thick on lightly floured board.
- Cut with 3 inch cookie cutter (or whichever size you'd like, just adjust the baking time accordingly).
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until cookies are a delicate golden brown.