Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Everyone loves these gingerbread cookies that my grandmother makes, and now I also bake for our christmas cookie trays. They have a nice taste to them and don't get too hard like other recipes (that is, if you roll them out thick enough!)
- MIX shortening, brown sugar, and molasses thoroughly.
- STIR in water.
- MEASURE flour by dip-level method.
- BLEND all dry ingredients.
- STIR in and chill.
- ROLL 1/2 inch thick
- Cut with 2-1/2 inch round cutter.
- Place far apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until to imprint remains when touched lightly.
- Frost with any buttercream frosting of your choice. We use the one on the back of the 10x sugar (some of you may know what I am talking about!).
- I am not sure to how many gingies this yields because I used a different cookie cutter, however, this recipes makes A LOT.