Recipe by robertriod
This recipe is a family favorite. I got it from my grandmother. I personally like this apple crisp recipe better than those that contain oatmeal, it seems to be a little more "crisp". This same recipe also makes a great blueberry, raspberry, or strawberry crisp.
Top Review by Jules211
I have this in my collection for years. It is always a winner. I get a ton of apples (at least 2-3 bushels) every fall i peal and chopped and freeze. Then all i have to do is thaw and make this for a quick dessert to take to pot lucks or even holidays. I always put some cinnamon on the apples. Thanks for posting!!
- 5 -6 apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1⁄4 lb margarine (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice apples and place them in greased 6 by 10 baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg in a medium sized bowl with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Pour melted margarine over all, then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream (good plain too) This recipe can also be made with other fruits.