Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Blueberry buckle --serves about 6 people
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups flour (two containers each)
- 2 tablespoons flour (two containers each)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Crisco, to grease bottom of pan
- nutmeg (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss blueberries in 2 tbsp of flour.
- Put in blueberries in bottom of greased 8 1/2 inch square pan or pie plate.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar together.
- Lightly mix in egg, milk, baking powder and salt.into butter sugar mixture.
- Place over berries.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar with a little cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle on top and bake 40-45 minutes.