Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We ate these veggies a million different ways but this was was my favorite. My grandparents owned an Italian Deli so fresh ingredients were abundant. Sometimes Grandmom would bake this with some pan seared pork chops or chicken so go ahead and make this your own.
- 5 lbs potatoes, red, scrubbed and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced (red or Italian)
- 2 lbs green beans, Italian style if you have them, tipped and tailed, cut in half
- 3 (1 lb) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 zucchini, small, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, flat leaf, chopped roughly
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Mix everything together except the parsley and basil in a large casserole with a lid and bake at 375 for one hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add parsley and basil after cooking. Optionally you can pass the grated romano cheese.
Very yummy! I love roasted veggies, I can eat them for breakfast!! I only made 1/2 the recipe.