Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious fruit salad with a thickened fruit juice dresssing. I think this is very good! Cook time includes chill time.
- 2 cups green seedless grapes
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained,reserve the juice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained,reserve the juice
- 2 medium bananas, sliced 1/2 inch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup of the reserved fruit juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place fruit in a large bowl.
- In 1-qt saucepan stir together all dressing ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until dressing is thickened (3 to 5 min.).
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour dressing over fruit; toss to coat.
- Chill 15 minutes.
I made this for a casual holiday brunch, paired with breakfast casserole & assorted sweet breads. It's good -- I used all green grapes b/c the red ones just didn't look good at the store -- but I thought amount of the dressing mixture was a bit much - it filled the bowl, and the fruit was almost swiming in it. I do like the fruit combo, and will make this again but will likely halve the dressing part.