Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This not-to-sweet frosting is the perfect compliment to my Grandma's Chocolate Cake recipe.
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup extra finely granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- Blend together first five ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
- In small bowl, combine 1 cup frosting and about half of the cherries (chopped) and half of the almonds.
- Use this frosting to frost the top of one 9" cake.
- Place the other cake on top, frost with remaining frosting, and decorate with remaining cherries and almonds.