Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a hearty soup that has been made by my family since I can remember. The best part of it is you can add or delete the veggies to suit your tastes. And it's pretty economical. I use canned carrots to save time and energy. You could use fresh carrots or use canned potatoes, depending on your preference. Mamaw always used whatever she had out of the garden.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 2 (46 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 celery ribs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots
- garlic powder
- Brown ground beef. Drain grease.
- While meat is browning, chop veggies.
- Combine chopped veggies, canned veggies, juice, meat and seasonings.
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Serve with peanut butter sandwich, crackers or crusty french bread.