Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandma made this recipe for every family gathering and there was rarely any leftovers. You can substitute the swiss cheese for cheddar and I usually mix the two together. It is easy to make and very delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Mix vegetables, soup, sour cream, 1/2 of the cheese, and 1/2 of the onions.
- Pour into 9x9 baking dish and top with the rest of onions and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This recipe doesn't specify to thaw the veggies first, which you MUST do! If not you will have a hungry family waiting while you cook this dish twice as long!
I use cream of chicken soup. I like the taste better.
This is a really creamy way to make veggies. Great comfort food. It was originally called swiss vegetables, I believe. It is really good with swiss cheese which takes on a completely different flavor when it's melted. My kids would never guess there was swiss cheese in this.