1/3 Photos of Grandma's Turkey Pot Pie
Chef Dee's Note:
The comfort food of all time, chicken pot pie makes a great meal for a wintery day. It is also a great feel better meal to deliver to friends who have been ill or grieving. With a touch of sage for a flavour boost, and shortcuts for faster preparation, this is an ideal meal for busy Mom's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the potatoes and vegetables in a glass bowl and thaw in microwave, set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook the onions in the butter until soft.
- 3In a small bowl, stir the flour and seasonings together,then stir this flour mixture into the butter and onions.
- 4Stir until smooth, then whisk the milk and chicken broth into the flour mixture, stirring until the broth comes to a boil and thickens.
- 5Add hashbrowns, vegetables and turkey.
- 6Line a 9" pie plate with one of the crusts, then fill with the turkey mixture.
- 7Lay the top crust over top,with a sharp knife slice small vents into the top crust.
- 8Seal the edges together by pinching the two crusts with damp fingers, then brush the top crust with beaten egg.
- 9Set on middle oven rack and bake for 45 min's at 400 degrees. Let the baked pot pie sit at room temperature for several minutes in order for the juices to thicken up.
- 10Serve with coleslaw and dinner rolls.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Turkey Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1102.0
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 1410.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 37.8 g