Recipe by Julesong
This is the plain old fashioned macaroni salad my grandma used to make, which is still my sister Cathy's favorite.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Simple and quick to put together. This is what I think of as a classic tuna macaroni salad. No frills or anything fancy; just yummy. I used fresh onions in place of the onion flakes but that's all I changed. Thanx for sharing!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup good mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Vegenaise)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and let cool.
- Mix in the other items well, adding mayo last.
- Chill well before serving.
- When I make this, I omit the celery, add more dried onion, and add a little curry powder and garlic powder and cayenne.