Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every year my grandma makes this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. It's always the first thing on the table to hold the family over until dinner is served. Unfortunately, to my disappointment, grandma isn't able to do the cooking she used to and this tasty dip was left out this Thanksgiving, so I asked her for her recipe. Great for the Holidays, or parties! Served best with Ritz or Town House Crackers. I really don't know how many people this serves. I'm guessing with the quantity it makes, it could probably serve 15, but it's so good 5 people can probably devour this dip in no time!
- Drain all 4 cans of tuna and put in large mixing bowl.
- Hard boil 2 eggs.
- Fine chop onions and olives and hard boiled eggs and put in mixing bowl with tuna.
- Add 2 cups of mayonnaise and mix well.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to a boil. Measure out 1/4 cup with measuring cup. Mix with 1 packet Knox Gelatin in separate mixing bowl until gelatin is dissolve. Add to bowl with other ingredients and mix threw and threw for 1 minute.
- Chill in refrigerator in a mold or any storage container.
- Unmold and serve with crackers.
- ***Grandma suggests chilling overnight. I have tried the dip right away after preparing, still good but Grandma's suggestion is really what works best. I also had suggestions to leave a little olive out and add a little relish or even some minced garlic. There are many ways you could alter this recipe to fit your liking. You could add a little spices to this if you prefer a spicy dip also. If you do try to alter in anyway and find it pleasant please let me know, I would love to try! ENJOY!