Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
My grandmother used to make the best tomato sauce ever, and while I watched her everytime she made it, I was having a hard time getting it right. Until now...
- 2 (35 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (35 ounce) can water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork neck bones
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add pork bones and brown.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato puree, paste, water & oregano.
- Simmer for minimum 5 hours.
- Remove bones and enjoy!