Recipe by lovin2cook
This is an EASY recipe that my grandmother used to make. This is one of my favorites of hers. I don't like sweet potatoes, but I love these. I got the recipe from a friend of hers (she has passed) and decided to share. It's delicious and a sweet treat.
Top Review by b2bcooking
I can't believe that I never reviewed this recipe. It is the best! I have been using this recipe for a couple of years now. I have never changed the ingredients. Why mess with perfection:) Good recipe Lovin2cook
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Karo syrup (brown)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes until fork tender. Allow to cool. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1" slices.
- In a bowl, stir together karo syrup, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in 11"x14" casserole dish.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Slice margarine into slices and arrange on the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove and mix the slices around. Put back in oven for 10-20 minute Serve hot.