Recipe by hudgins
This recipe was passed down from my grandmother. Better than the turkey, this stuffing is what reminds me of Thanksgivings around the family table. Rather than stuff the Turkey with it, I use it as a side dish.
Top Review by rpmazur
Thanks! It was voted the best part of our Thanksgiving dinner. I used it as actual stuffing but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. Making it a day before was a good idea. We've been looking for a perfect stuffing and thanks to you we've found it.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 -5 stalks celery
- 4 -5 fresh carrots, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion, celery, carrots and garlic in food processor.
- Combine vegetables with butter and saute for 10 minutes.
- Mix cooked veggies with eggs, stuffing, salt, pepper and chicken broth in baking dish.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.