Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Over the years I have received so many request for this recipe, so here it is. This is a recipe passed down to me from my grandmother. I'm not sure where it originated from, but she put her own special touches to it and man is it mouth-watering. I could eat this for a week straight and each day it taste better than the day before.
- Boil chicken, celery, onion in 3 cups of water.
- Remove chicken when cooked through and dice into bite size pieces.
- Remove celery and onions from pot, but keep the stock in pot.
- Continue boiling stock from chicken, celery and onions until it reduces to 1 cup (if you reduce stock to less than 1 cup, not a problem, add milk to measuring cup with stock to equal 1 cup).
- Stir together in a bowl chicken, onion, celery, frozen peas, Miracle Whip, cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of reduced stock.
- Pour chicken mixture into greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded cheese (I've tried other cheeses, but cheddar seems to hit the spot for me).
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL recipe. Easy to make, it's a good comfort food!!!!!
Super easy family pleasing meal. Will definately make again!