Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother makes this 'taco' dip now and then. It's a big favorite with the family.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 16 ounces your favorite salsa
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Spread mixture across the bottom of a 12x9 dish.
- Layer salsa, lettuce, and cheese (in that order) on top of mixture. You may not need they entire head of lettuce, it depends on the size of the head and how much lettuce you would like.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I have made this 3 or 4 times now. I love it. It's so light and refreshing and is a little different from your ordinary-everyday-dips! You have to eat it pretty much the same day you make because it becomes watery after sitting a day or so. But I haven't had any problem finding friends and family to help me polish it off on day one.