Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother makes this for holidays and it is always my favorite part of the meal.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 apples (peeled, cored and cut into wedges)
- 4 -5 sweet potatoes (parboiled, peeled and sliced)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, water, salt and butter. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Layer apples and potatoes in a 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon between layers.
- Spoon sauce over casserole.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.