Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious souffle that uses corn syrup as the sweetener. The topping is what makes it great!
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- Combine sugar, butter, syrup and eggs. Add salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat with mixer until fluffy. Stir in mashed potatoes. Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Prepare topping: Mix all topping ingredients together in a small bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over portato mixture and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
I first made this recipe more than 15 years ago and I am still required to make it for ALL family gatherings. Need I say more. I always have to make two souffles. One to take and one to leave at home. I don't think I have ever made less than 3 times the recipe amount. It is so good my family places it with deserts. Everyone prefers it to sweet potato pie. Try it you will love it.