Recipe by Fauve
An old family recipe, it's actually a casserole. This recipe was, however, created and named before the word "casserole" came into vogue. This holiday family favorite is as appealing as a sweet potato pie, but without the crust. I'm posting this here for my daughter, who just made this for our Thanksgiving dinner for her first time ever. (Thanks, Megan!)
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup softened margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, margarine and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a vegetable oil-sprayed 9"x13" pan.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir well with wooden spoon or spatula until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.