Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice alternative to traditional sweet potatoes.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- Mix all the ingredients together (not the topping ingredients).
- Put in 12" X 8" X 2" pan.
- For the topping, mix margarine, sugar and nuts.
- Put over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
Excellent and simple! Love the creamy taste of the potatoes.
Made it with Splenda sugar and brown sugar and it was fabulous!!
I made this for Christmas with a few changes: 1 added 2 t. of caramel liqueur, ran it through my Kitchen-Aid mixer, left off the pecans on top but roasted mini marshmallows instead. My family said this is now my entrance to any meal we have from now on! Everyone absolutely loved it.