Recipe by ~Sarci~
I looked through the other recipes and didn't find one like our family's. I've been eating this for dessert (and breakfast) since I was a toddler.
- 8 cups water
- 1 dash salt
- 4 cups white rice
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 10 -12 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 almonds
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water and salt in a large pot. Add rice, cover, and turn heat down to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 1/2 gallon milk and cinnamon sticks and stir CONSTANTLY over medium heat until it comes to a light boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add 1/4 gallon milk, put on medium heat, and bring to a boil again (while stirring!). Let sit off the heat for another 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of the milk, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil for the last time, and let sit.
- Put an almond in the pot for "good luck," top with cinnamon sugar, and serve. Some people like it cold.