Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wow! These are just like Grandma's cookies, this really is one classic recipe you should at least try!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- (Treadwell prefers to spray with commercial nonstick spray.) Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add 2 cups flour, then soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add remaining 2 cups flour.
- Drop generous tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet.
- Butter bottom of flat-bottomed glass.
- Dip glass bottom into sugar; flatten cookie dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until very lightly brown.