Recipe by Manda in Ohio
This is my grandmother's recipe & this cake never lasts very long whenever I make it! It's a family favorite!
Top Review by Chef Jean
I made this in two small loaf pans and was worried there wouldn't be enough batter but there was! This tasted great and made a nice little gift for a friend. This cake also tastes even better the next day! Made for PAC fall2012.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour once before measuring.
- Then sift the flour, baking powder, & sugar together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like corn meal.
- Blend in well beaten egg mixed with milk.
- Add the vanilla and beat just enough to mix well.
- Pour half the batter into a well greased & floured pan.
- STREUSEL- Mix dry ingredients together. Rub in butter and add the chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture.
- Add the remaining batter & sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 375?.