Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my grandmother's recipe & this cake never lasts very long whenever I make it! It's a family favorite!
- Sift the flour once before measuring.
- Then sift the flour, baking powder, & sugar together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like corn meal.
- Blend in well beaten egg mixed with milk.
- Add the vanilla and beat just enough to mix well.
- Pour half the batter into a well greased & floured pan.
- STREUSEL- Mix dry ingredients together. Rub in butter and add the chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture.
- Add the remaining batter & sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 375?.