Recipe by lost_soul
Very good on a cold winter's night served with fresh homemade bread. You can mix it up some for different flavor by adding liquid smoke, Ham Base, Chicken or Beef Bullion...ect....
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb ham steak, diced to bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients except for the milk to soup pan and cover with water.
- Simmer 4 hours covered, adding more water as needed or until the peas break up.
- after the peas break up, remove lid and let excess water steam off until you have a thick paste.
- Add evaporated milk and serve.