1/1 Photo of Grandma's Split Pea Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Ed K.'s Note:
This soup will warm you to the bone. A must after you make a ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag green peas
- 10 cups water
- 1 large shallot (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon savory
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ham bone
- 1/2 cup cooked ham (small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1In large saucepot heat olive oil and add shallots.
- 2Wait 3 minutes then add garlic.
- 3wait 3 minutes add water then all other ingredients.
- 4bring to a boil then drop to a simmer for 1 hour with cover on but tilted to vent.
- 5serve with some good croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: