Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup will warm you to the bone. A must after you make a ham.
Make and share this Grandma's Split Pea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag green peas
- 10 cups water
- 1 large shallot (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ham bone
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham (small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- In large saucepot heat olive oil and add shallots.
- Wait 3 minutes then add garlic.
- wait 3 minutes add water then all other ingredients.
- bring to a boil then drop to a simmer for 1 hour with cover on but tilted to vent.
- serve with some good croutons.
This is just like my Grandmother made. Thanks for the memories.