1/1 Photo of Grandma's Sourdough Pancakes
24 hrs 6 mins
tornadoes three's Note:
My Grandma had to drop out of school in the eighth grade to cook for the farm hands on her father's farm. She was taught old school style and the lady could throw down! These pancakes are one of her special recipes! Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 11. Night before: Mix flour, milk, salt, and starter in large bowl. Cover and let stand over night! (Be sure to set aside 1 cup as future starter).
- 22. In morning: Add Soda, eggs, sugar, oil or butter. Mix until lumps are gone.
- 33. Cook on heated skillet until cakes are golden brown. Serve with favorite syrup (Grandma's choke cherry syrup is the best!).
- 4Starter: Soften yeast in warm water.
- 5Stir in Flour, water, and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 6cover and let it stand at room temperature until mixture is bubbly. During this time stir 2-3 times daily. Refrigerate or freeze.
- 7IMPORTANT GRANDMA TIP:
- 8DO NOT WASH STARTER CONTAINER! SOURDOUGH, GOOD SOURDOUGH, DEPENDS ON THIS!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Sourdough Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 499.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: