Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not sweet. Great with coffee or tea.
Make and share this Grandma's Soft Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat together eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar; add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon approx 3" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass moistened with water and dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 6-10 minutes or just until lightly golden.
This was the easiest sugar cookie recipe I've ever made. My family loved them, and some friends raved about how soft they were and asked for the recipe.
These are great! I changed the sugar amount to 1 cup and the vanilla amount to 1 TB. They came out perfect. I'll be making these a lot.
These cookies were great! We substituted softened butter for the oil, but the cookies were still unquestionably delicious!