1/1 Photo of Grandma's Simple Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 45 mins
Don't Touch The Buns's Note:
This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations. It's so good and yet so easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lb chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cut the tops off the peppers and discard seeds and membranes.
- 3Boil peppers for 5 minutes. Remove and stand upright in a 13x9 casserole dish.
- 4Generously sprinkle inside of each pepper with salt (1/2 tsp or more if you like).
- 5Cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned.
- 6Season beef and onion mixture with remaining salt, pepper, garlic, and seasoned salt.
- 7Add tomatoes, water, rice, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- 8Cover and simmer until rice is tender (approximately 15-30 minutes).
- 9Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- 10Stuff peppers with the meat and rice mixture.
- 11Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- 12Top peppers with remaining cheese and bake and additional 5-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Simple Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 2139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: