Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations. It's so good and yet so easy!
Make and share this Grandma's Simple Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lb chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and discard seeds and membranes.
- Boil peppers for 5 minutes. Remove and stand upright in a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Generously sprinkle inside of each pepper with salt (1/2 tsp or more if you like).
- Cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned.
- Season beef and onion mixture with remaining salt, pepper, garlic, and seasoned salt.
- Add tomatoes, water, rice, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender (approximately 15-30 minutes).
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Stuff peppers with the meat and rice mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Top peppers with remaining cheese and bake and additional 5-10 minutes.
I did add a small can of tomato sauce to the beef mixture because there was too little liquid to cook the rice. Next time I will also double the garlic and add more pepper. I also left out the salt. VERY TASTY! Will definitely make again.
This were ok, but way too salty!
Loved this recipe, they were so tasty and easy to make, thanks for submitting!