This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations. It's so good and yet so easy!
Make and share this Grandma's Simple Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lb chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and discard seeds and membranes.
- Boil peppers for 5 minutes. Remove and stand upright in a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Generously sprinkle inside of each pepper with salt (1/2 tsp or more if you like).
- Cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned.
- Season beef and onion mixture with remaining salt, pepper, garlic, and seasoned salt.
- Add tomatoes, water, rice, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender (approximately 15-30 minutes).
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Stuff peppers with the meat and rice mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Top peppers with remaining cheese and bake and additional 5-10 minutes.