Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Incredibly moist and rich!
Make and share this Grandma's Secret Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Oil 2 loaf pans (or 4 small aluminium ones).
- Combine sugar and eggs in mixer, then add butter, stir until just mixed. Add pumpkin and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and flour.
- Add dry mix to wet, stir until just combined. Fold in chopped nuts and dates.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.