Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from All Recipes
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We loved these scones, in fact everyone loved these scones, I need to make more!!! great texture, melt in the mouth. I used a mixture of dried fruit including dried apples and apricots, was very nice. Baked beautifully and they keep well. Thank you, great recipe, made for QUEST 2015 (Canada)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Cut in the butterl.
- Stir the sour cream mixture and egg into the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Mix in the dried fruit.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly.
- Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round.
- Cut into 12 wedges, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Baking 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom.