Prep 5 hrs
Cook 5 hrs
This is an old family recipe that my Grandparents made every Christmas.Very unique taste.
- 2 lbs pork shank
- 2 lbs pork roast
- 1 lb kielbasa (hot or mild)
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, grated
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- salt & pepper
- In a large stock pot, put meat& cover with water.
- cover& cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the ingriedients& cook for at least 3 1/2 hours.
- Better made the day ahead.
- For serving we like to ladle soup over boiled potatoes.