Chef #335602's Note:
Great salsa for canning or freezing. My whole family loves it! Easy to double or triple recipe depending on how many tomatoes you have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin tomatoes. (I place tomatoes in boiling water for 45-60 seconds or until skins split - remove from water and peel.)
- 2Rough chop and remove seeds from tomatoes.
- 3Combine all ingredients in large sauce pan. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer 45 minutes stirring often.
- 4Pour into hot sterile jars. Wipe down rim of jar. Screw on lid and hand tighten.
- 5Place in boiling water bath and process for 15-20 minutes.
- 6Tip: Be sure and label your batches. As the summer progresses peppers can get hotter. I also sometimes blend the batch before I can.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1398.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g