Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great salsa for canning or freezing. My whole family loves it! Easy to double or triple recipe depending on how many tomatoes you have.
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup jalapeno, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Skin tomatoes. (I place tomatoes in boiling water for 45-60 seconds or until skins split - remove from water and peel.)
- Rough chop and remove seeds from tomatoes.
- Combine all ingredients in large sauce pan. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer 45 minutes stirring often.
- Pour into hot sterile jars. Wipe down rim of jar. Screw on lid and hand tighten.
- Place in boiling water bath and process for 15-20 minutes.
- Tip: Be sure and label your batches. As the summer progresses peppers can get hotter. I also sometimes blend the batch before I can.