Recipe by LorenLou
From a teacher friend's Grandma. A delicious congealed salad for the holidays or anytime. Cook time is approximate refrigeration time.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I used reduced-fat)
- 8 ounces sour cream (reduced fat, again)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve the jello with the hot water.
- Add thawed strawberries and can of pineapple, stirring to combine.
- Pour into a 9x13 glass pan.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Combine topping ingredients well, and spread over the jello layer.
- Cut into squares to serve.