Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a lot like Swedish pancakes but better in my opinion. Serve with your favorite pancake topping or fill with warm compote and roll up.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- Beat eggs a little, add sugar and half of milk and beat again.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, add to egg mixture and beat till smooth.
- Then add balance of milk, the melted butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Heat a very lightly greased 6 or 8 inch skillet over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the center of skillet, then lift and tilt the skillet to spread the batter.
- Return pan to heat and cook till bottom is light brown (about 1 minute). Turn pancake with a spatula and cook other side for about 30 seconds. Turn out onto paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally and stirring.
- batter as needed.